Thank you for entrusting us to feed your family here at New Market BBQ! We are truly grateful for your support of our local mom and pop BBQ Joint! All items that you've purchased are FULLY COOKED and ready for reheat. The goal is to slowly raise them to 165 degrees for eating when you are ready.
Here are a few tips for easy reheating:
- Start by setting your items out of the fridge on to the counter 30-60 minutes before placing them in the oven to allow then to come to Room Temp to help them reheat a little quicker.
- PreHeat the Oven to 325 to 350 - if you have other items to cook, you can reheat along with those items. Just don't reheat any hotter than 350.
- Leave your items covered or wrapped as received from us when you picked up, this helps maintain the moisture in your meat or side items.
- We do NOT recommend using the Microwave to Reheat any of our meats, but the side items can certainly be transferred to a covered casserole and reheated on about 70% for approximately 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally to check for temperature. For small quantities of meat to reheat, you can use a covered casserole with a little bit of water and microwave for a couple minutes at a time, so not to overheat.
- For the items that are vacuum sealed, these can be placed in a pot of near boiling water for approximately 15 - 20 minutes depending on how many pounds of meat you are reheating. If only a pound or two, it won't take much more than 10 minutes to heat thru. Don't overheat since the meat is fully cooked. Bring a pot of water to a boil and then turn down on low - place your bag in the water and cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Take care to remove bag from water as it will be hot - use pair of scissors to cut open the bag - be careful from the steam - if meat needs slicing - don't loose any of your juices from the bag - save them to pour over the meat after slicing.
- For Whole Turkey or Breast - Place in a roasting pan to capture any juices that might escape from the foil - place in a preheated oven for at least an hour for Whole Turkey and 30 minutes for Breast Only - uncover and check the temperature and add more time as needed to reach 165 degrees - while uncovered - BASTE your Bird with the juice in the foil - If you want to Brown it more - leave it uncovered - otherwise re-wrap for further heating as needed - Whole Turkey will take probably in the range of an hour and a half or maybe longer depending on your oven. Give yourself a couple hours. Breast should reach 165 and Thigh should reach 180 for ready to eat temperature. Remove from oven and let stand wrapped for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- For Hams - Place PAN on a cookie sheet to make it easier to handle in and out of the oven - place in a preheated oven for at least an hour - uncover and check the temperature and add more time as needed to reach 120 degrees - while uncovered - BASTE your Ham with the juice in the Pan - re-wrap for further heating as needed - will take probably in the range of an hour and a half or maybe longer depending on your oven. Give yourself a couple hours. Remove from oven with care because there will be a lot of juice. Be sure NOT to OVERHEAT.
- For Whole Slabs - place the foil wrapped slabs on a cookie sheet in your 350 degree preheated oven for about 20 minutes - you can choose to add BBQ Sauce to them if you want, but they certainly don't need it - that is completely optional and to your taste. Meat should be at 165 when properly reheated. DO NOT OVERHEAT as you run the risk of over cooking / drying out your ribs - Don't want that to happen and ruin these delicious Ribs. LOL! Enjoy!!
- For Whole Pans of Mac n' Cheese or any of our other side items - these will take likely around 20-25 for 2 Qt Pan or 30-35 minutes for the 1/2 Pan size. For Mac n' Cheese, it should be creamy and smooth - not super thick - but again you want to bring up to 165 degrees for proper eating temp.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call. If we do not answer, please leave us a voicemail and we'll call you back just as soon as we can. We might be tied up at the time you call. Thanks again for your business and support and we hope your family enjoys your New Market BBQ Eats.